"THE SWEET TASTE of the glaze not only enhances these carrots, but it is very compatible with the rest of the meal. Another great thing about this vegetable dish is that it adds a nice colorful touch to the table. Whenever Mom fixed this dish I was never disappointed!"
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 9 to 12 medium carrots (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Peel carrots and cut in half lengthwise. Boil in salted water until
- tender; drain well. Melt butter in a heavy skillet; add lemon juice
- and brown sugar and stir until mixture thickens. Add carrots; stir
- until well glazed and heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1-1/2 each) equals 124 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein.