Glazed Carrots for a Crowd
Whenever our church group plans a gathering, I'm undoubtedly asked to bring these carrots. I never complain because I enjoy them a much as everyone else.Bonnie Milner, DeRidder, Louisiana
45 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (no. 10 size) baby carrots, drained or 12 pounds medium carrots, sliced and cooked
- In a large saucepan, combine the first five ingredients; bring to a
- boil over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place carrots in two 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Pour sugar mixture over carrots. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for
- 30-40 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 45 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 145 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 124 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.