Glazed Carrots and Green Beans
This simple dish is always a big hit, even with non-vegetable lovers. I’ve substituted frozen green beans for fresh, omitting the blanching process, and it still tastes great.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups water
- 1/2 pound fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Add carrots; cover and
- cook for 1 minute. Add beans; cover and cook 2 minutes longer. Drain
- and immediately place vegetables in ice water. Drain and pat dry.
- Place the vegetables in a large skillet; add broth and butter. Bring
- to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until liquid is
- reduced to about 2 teaspoons. Add the sugar, salt and pepper; cook
- and stir for 1 minute. Yield: 6 servings.