Ranch salad dressing mix flavors these tasty carrots from Marion Reed of Omak, Washington. The side dish relies on packages of baby carrots, so there's no time-consuming peeling or slicing.
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh baby carrots
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 envelopes ranch salad dressing mix
- Place carrots in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, combine the butter, brown sugar and salad dressing
- mix until blended. Add carrots. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5
- minutes or until glazed. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 142 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 1,055 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.