Glazed Carrot Coins
When I pull fresh carrots from the garden, my mouth waters just thinking about how this simple recipe enhances their flavor with brown sugar and a hint of lemon. Pat Habiger, Spearville, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 12 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a saucepan, cook carrots in a small amount of water until
- crisp-tender; drain. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, heat
- brown sugar and butter until bubbly. Stir in lemon peel. Return
- carrots to pan; cook and stir over low heat for 10-15 minutes or
- until glazed. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Yield: 6
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 172 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein.