Glazed Carrot Coins
These glossy carrots, flavored with orange juice, cinnamon and ginger, are pretty enough for a special meal. To save time, you could substitute two 15-ounce cans of carrots for the fresh ones. —Helen Bethel, Maysville, North Carolina
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- In a small saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown
- sugar, orange juice, salt, ginger and cinnamon. Add the carrots;
- cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 94 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 217 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fruit.