Brown sugar, mustard and wine make bacon a little more special in this recipe. It's easy to prepare while working on the rest of the meal.
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 pound sliced bacon
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white wine or unsweetened apple juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place bacon on a rack in an ungreased
- 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake 10 minutes; drain.
- Combine brown sugar, wine and mustard; drizzle half over bacon. Bake
- 10 minutes. Turn bacon and drizzle with remaining glaze. Bake 10
- minutes or until golden brown. Place bacon on waxed paper until set.
- Serve warm. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 221 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 404 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.