Glazed Apples and Sausage
Jennie Wible dresses up hearty pork sausage links with slices tart apples, chopped onion and brown sugar to make this morning mainstay. She fixes the full-flavored side dish when hosting brunch at her Hamilton Square, New Jersey home.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds uncooked pork sausage links
- 2 large tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- Cook the sausage according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large saucepan, combine the apples, onion, water and brown sugar.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add
- the sausage; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 473 calories, 35 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,471 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.