Glazed Apple Tart
This is one of my favorite desserts, and a primary reason is because it's so easy to prepare. I've taken it to numerous gatherings, where it received rave reviews.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 65 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 6 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1-1/2 cups granola with raisins
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine flour and 1/4 cup of sugar; cut in butter until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine egg yolk and water; stir
- into flour mixture and mix lightly. Form dough into a ball; press
- onto bottom and sides of an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle the apples over
- crust. Combine granola, almonds and remaining sugar; sprinkle over
- apples. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Cool on wire rack. Combine confectioners' sugar and lemon juice
- until smooth; drizzle over pie. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 210 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 79 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.