These glossy candy-coated almonds are almost like brittle but much easier to make. With the sweet and salty combination, it's hard to stop munching these delicious nuts.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups blanched whole almonds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a baking sheet with foil. Grease the foil with 1 tablespoon
- butter; set aside. In a large heavy skillet, combine the almonds,
- sugar and remaining butter. Cook and stir over medium heat for 6-8
- minutes or until sugar is golden brown.
- Remove from the heat; carefully stir in vanilla. Spread onto prepared
- baking sheet; immediately sprinkle with salt. Cool before breaking
- into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 1 pound.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 ounces) equals 335 calories, 24 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.