Gingersnap Pear Trifles
Crystallized ginger adds both sweetness and spice to this simple trifle. Layer in pears, crumbled cookies and whipped cream, and you have autumn comfort in a dish!Country Woman Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1 cup chopped canned pears
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger
- In a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in lemon
- Layer half of the crumbled cookies, pears and whipped cream in two
- dessert dishes. Repeat layers. Sprinkle with ginger. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 trifle equals 619 calories, 27 g fat (16 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.