Gingered Squash and Pears
"Butternut squash and pears are a delightful duo delicately seasoned with ginger, honey and nutmeg," assures Jane Rossi of Charlotte, North Carolina. "This is a pretty dish, too."
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cubed (about 6-1/2 cups)
- 1 medium pear, peeled and cubed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place squash in a large skillet; cover with water. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Stir in pear and ginger. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until
- pear is tender. Stir in honey and heat through. Sprinkle with
- nutmeg. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.