Gingered Squash Saute
This vibrant veggies saute puts summer's bounty in the spot light. "The recipe comes from a 20-year-old cookbook, but I still use it, especially when produce from our garden is plentiful," Ruth Andrewson notes from Peck, Idaho.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound yellow summer squash
- 1/2 pound small zucchini, sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut yellow squash in half lengthwise, then into 1/2-in. slices. In a
- large skillet, saute squash, zucchini, onion and green peppers for 3
- minutes. Add tomatoes, salt and ginger. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes
- or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 48 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.