Gingered Snow Peas
A hint of ginger makes these peas special and one of my favorites.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh snow peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place peas and water in a 1-qt. microwave-safe dish. Cover and
- microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain.
- Combine the butter, ginger and salt. Drizzle over the peas; toss to
- coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 3/4 cup equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 192 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.