Gingered Green Bean Salad
Notes Trisha Kruse from Eagle, Idaho: “This crisp, summer salad keeps well in the refrigerator…if it lasts that long. The tangy sweetness and toasty flavor in the sesame dressing are almost addictive!”
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- Place green beans in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to
- a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 4-7 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Drain and immediately place in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the beans, onion and bean sprouts. In
- a small bowl, whisk the vinaigrette ingredients. Pour over bean
- mixture and toss to coat.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cup equals 88 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber,