Gingered Carrots 'n' Parsnips
Guests at my holiday table are surprised to hear that this tasty side dish has just five ingredients.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and julienned
- 4 medium parsnips, peeled and julienned
- 2 tablespoons chopped crystallized ginger, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Place carrots and parsnips in a steamer basket; place in a large
- saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for
- 15-20 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- In a large skillet, saute 1 tablespoon ginger in butter for 1 minute.
- Add the carrots, parsnips and salt; toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- remaining ginger. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 153 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 165 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.