- add batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before
- removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in water
- until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter until melted.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon peel and food coloring if desired; mix
- well. Serve with cake. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice with 5 teaspoons sauce equals 251 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 330 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.