- Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, salt, nutmeg
- and water until smooth. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until
- thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat.
- Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir 2 minutes
- longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in butter, lemon juice and
- peel. Serve with warm cake. Refrigerate leftover sauce. Yield: 20
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 283 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 304 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.