- Combine the flour, baking soda, spices and salt; fold into egg
- mixture until well combined.
- Spread batter into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or
- until cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Turn cake onto a kitchen towel dusted with confectioners' sugar.
- Gently peel off waxed paper. Roll up cake in the towel jelly-roll
- style, starting with a short side. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a chilled large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; beat
- until soft peaks form. Unroll cake; spread half of the filling
- evenly over cake to within 1/2 in. of edges. Roll up again. Spread
- remaining filling over cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 238 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.