- 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10
- minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks. In a heavy saucepan,
- combine the sugar, water and corn syrup. Bring to a boil; cook until
- a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage), about 5
- minutes. Remove from the heat. In a bowl, beat egg whites and
- vanilla until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar mixture, beating
- on high for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Frost cookies. Decorate
- if desired. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 332 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 152 mg sodium, 63 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.