Christmas breakfast is extra festive when these fragrant spiced pancakes are on the menu. We've even made them in the shape of gingerbread men.
3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Maple syrup and whipped cream, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine buttermilk,
- egg, molasses and oil; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Pour
- batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle; turn when
- bubble form on top of pancake. Cook until second side is golden
- brown. Serve with syrup and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 8-10
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 305 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 849 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 9 g protein.