Molasses and spices turn an ordinary pancake mix into a special breakfast. These are so easy to make that you can have them any day of the week.Trina Stewart, Yacolt, Washington
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 5 min./batch
- 2 cups complete pancake mix
- 4 teaspoons molasses
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups water
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, molasses, cinnamon, ginger
- and cloves. Stir in water just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when
- bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown.
- Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Nutrition Facts: 3 pancakes (calculated without syrup) equals 248 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 972 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.