Gingerbread Fruitcake Cookies
Two of my favorite things, gingerbread and fruitcake, meet in a truly great cookie. You’d never know this recipe starts with a mix. It bursts with fruit, nuts and gingerbread flavor, topped with a delightful orange glaze. —Jamie Jones, Madison, Georgia
36 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 package (14-1/2 ounces) gingerbread cake/cookie mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 container (8 ounces) chopped mixed candied fruit
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Place the cookie mix, water and butter in a large bowl; beat until
- well blended. Stir in the candied fruit, pecans and raisins. Drop by
- tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute
- before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar and enough orange juice to achieve
- desired consistency; stir until smooth. Spread over cookies. Let
- stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
To Make Ahead: Dough can be made 2 days in advance. Iced cookies can be stored for 1 week in an airtight container at room temperature or frozen for up to 1 month.