- cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg and
- allspice; add to the creamed mixture. Beat on low speed until
- combined. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for
- 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to
- cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese, brown
- sugar and salt until light and fluffy. Beat in maple syrup and
- vanilla. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until smooth. Frost
- cupcakes. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cupcake equals 325 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 49 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.