- easy to handle.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to
- 3/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 4-in. gingerbread man cookie
- cutter. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; reroll scraps.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm. Remove to wire racks to
- In a large bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, water, meringue powder
- and cream of tartar; beat on low speed just until combined. Beat on
- high 4-5 minutes or until stiff peaks form. Tint desired amount of
- icing red. (Keep unused icing covered at all times with a damp
- Using pastry bags and small round tips, decorate cookies as desired.
- Let dry at room temperature for several hours or until firm. Store
- in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 189 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.