Ginger Squash Soup
Everyone likes the beautiful golden color and creamy consistency of this soup. A touch of ginger really sparks the mild flavor of butternut squash.Laurel Leslie, Sonora, California
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cooked winter squash, thawed
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- In a large saucepan, simmer broth and squash. Add the applesauce,
- sugar, ginger and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; stir in
- cream. Cook for 30 minutes or until soup reaches desired
- consistency, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One 1-cup serving (prepared with reduce-sodium broth) equals 163 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 29 mg cholesterol, 260 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.