Ginger Pork Over Spaghetti
"I first tasted this speedy skillet dish when my daughter and son-in-law prepared it for us," recalls Linda Stone of Dothan, Alabama. "With a salad and French bread, it makes a wonderful meal," she notes. Plus, there's plenty of spaghetti left over to prepare the two recipes that follow.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 pounds uncooked spaghetti
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 7-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- skillet, cook the pork, garlic, ginger and pepper flakes over medium
- heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a bowl, combine the
- cornstarch, water, soy sauce and wine or broth until smooth. Add to
- pork mixture with onions. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened.
- Drain spaghetti; place 6 cups in a large serving bowl. Add pork
- mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate remaining spaghetti. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 451 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 931 mg sodium,