Ginger Plum Tart
Looking for a quick and easy dessert that’s pretty as a picture? Try this mouthwatering tart from our Test Kitchen. For an extra-special effect, crown it with a scoop of low-fat ice cream, yogurt or a dollop of reduced-fat whipped topping.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3-1/2 cups sliced unpeeled fresh plums
- 3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon coarse sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Roll pastry into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a large baking sheet
- lined with parchment paper. In a large bowl, combine plums, 3
- tablespoons sugar and cornstarch. Arrange plums in a pinwheel
- pattern over pastry to within 2 in. of edges; sprinkle with ginger.
- Fold edges of pastry over plums.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over pastry. Sprinkle with remaining
- sugar. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until crust is lightly
- browned. Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pan to a serving
- platter. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 190 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 108 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.