The sweet-and-sour sauce in this recipe was originally for pork spareribs, but my family has always enjoyed it this way. The longer the wings sit in the ketchup, ginger and orange marmalade sauce, the better they taste. They can be served warm or cold.
-Lora Fletcher, Lyons, Oregon
16 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 25 whole chicken wings (about 5 pounds)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups orange marmalade
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip section. In a
- large resealable plastic bag. combine the flour, seasoned salt and
- garlic salt. Add chicken wings, a few at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, fry wings in oil, a few at a time, for 3-4
- minutes on each side or until golden and crispy.
- Drain pan drippings; return all chicken to the pan.combine the
- marmalade, ketchup, soy sauce and ginger; pour over chicken and stir
- to coat. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 10-15 minutes or
- until wings are well coated. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 375 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 1,217 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.