"You can prepare this side dish quickly in your microwave," says field editor Vonna Wendt of Ephrata, Washington. "It has a festive holiday flavor."
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 butternut squash (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Puncture squash several times with a knife or fork; place on a
- microwave-safe plate. Cook on high for 3 minutes. Cut into quarters;
- remove seeds and pulp.
- Return to plate, cut side down, and cover with waxed paper; microwave
- on high for 4-1/2 minutes.
- Turn over; microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until soft. Scoop out
- squash and place in bowl; add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 151 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 40 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 2 g protein.