Ginger-Orange Pork Chops
From Kennesaw, Georgia, Charlotte Wilson confirms, "These tender chops are easy to make...and so delicious! We like them with rice or mashed potatoes."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 bone-in pork loin chops (7 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil. Sprinkle both sides with
- salt and pepper. Combine the orange juice, ginger and garlic; pour
- over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 7-8
- minutes or until meat juices run clear. Remove chops and keep warm.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into pan juices.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over pork chops. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 302 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 211 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.