Ginger Garlic Linguine
While this recipe's ginger sauce was designed for pasta, it's also good over green beans, pierogies or salmon. I've often tripled the sauce, then frozen the extra so I can whip this dish up even faster on busy nights.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 4 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- skillet, saute the onions, ginger, basil and cayenne in butter for
- 3-4 minutes or until onions are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute
- Drain the linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 359 calories, 18 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 221 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.