Ginger Ale Citrus Cooler
We usually call this drink "mock champagne" because it's fizzy and fruity but not overly sweet. This pretty pick-orange punch is one that we often enjoy with company.Marie Hattrup, The Dalles, Oregon
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + cooling
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3-1/2 cups ginger ale, chilled
- 3 tablespoons maraschino cherry juice
- In a large saucepan, cook and stir the sugar and water over low heat
- until sugar is dissolved. Bring to a boil; boil for 5 minutes. Cool.
- Stir in grapefruit and orange juices. Cover and refrigerate until
- chilled. Just before serving, stir in the ginger ale and cherry
- juice. Yield: 6 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 164 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 12 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.