For the light drinker, suggest a Gimlet. The blend of slightly sweet and tart flavors is appealing, but not overwhelming.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- Ice cubes
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- Lime slices
- Fill a shaker three-fourths full with ice. Add the gin, lime juice
- and confectioners' sugar; cover and shake for 10-15 seconds or until
- condensation forms on outside of shaker. Strain into an ice-filled
- glass. Garnish with lime. Yield: 1 serving.
Vodka Gimlet: Substitute vodka for the gin.
Editor's Note:You may also strain the Gimlet into a chilled cocktail glass and serve without additional ice.
Nutrition Facts: 1/2 cup equals 146 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.