- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto lightly floured surface. Roll into a
- 24-in. x 18-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush over dough.
- Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle to within 1/2 in. of
- edges. Sprinkle with pecans. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting
- with a short side; pinch seam to seal. Cut into six slices.
- For syrup, combine brown sugar, butter and water in a saucepan. Bring
- to a boil; boil and stir for 1 minute. Pour into a greased 13-in. x
- 9-in. baking. Arrange pecan halves, flat side up, over syrup. Place
- rolls, cut side down, over pecans. Press down gently. Cover and let
- rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Beat egg white and water; brush over rolls. Bake at 350° for
- 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a
- serving platter. Yield: 6 rolls.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 1,084 calories, 38 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 176 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 16 g protein.