Giant Molasses Cookies
My family always requests these soft and deliciously chewy cookies. The cookies are also great for shipping as holiday gifts or to troops overseas. —Kristine Chayes, Smithtown, New York
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar
- until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and molasses. Combine the
- flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; gradually add
- to creamed mixture and mix well. Fold in pecans.
- Shape into 2-in. balls and roll in coarse sugar. Place 2-1/2-in.
- apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 3-15 minutes or until tops
- are cracked. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 310 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium,