Serve these south-of-the-border meat pies whenever your family has worked up an especially hearty appetite. You'll see satisfied smiles all around the table just as I do!Dianne Stonewall, Danville, Illinois
6 ServingsPrep: 35 min. Bake: 20 min.
- In a skillet, cook beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat
- until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in tomatoes and
- seasonings. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring
- Place pastry shells on a baking sheet. Divide filling; spoon half of
- filling on one half of each pastry, spreading to within 1 in. of
- edges. Fold other half of pastry over filling and press edges to
- seal. Beat egg yolk with water; brush over pastries.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into wedges to