- Spread 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce over half of circle to within 1/4 in.
- of edges. Layer with Parmesan cheese, sausage, mushrooms, green
- pepper, onion and mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling and
- pinch edges to seal.
- With a sharp knife, make two slashes in dough; brush with egg. Bake
- 40-45 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand 5 minutes before
- cutting into six wedges. Warm remaining spaghetti sauce; serve with
- calzone. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 wedge with 1/3 cup sauce equals 719 calories, 26 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 87 mg cholesterol, 2,032 mg sodium, 89 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.