“I came up with this idea for my youngest daughter's October birthday," recalls Angie Dierikx of Taylor Ridge, Illinois. "Then my son requested it for a school treat. But I knew it was a hit when my oldest daughter took it to a class Halloween party and even her teacher asked for the recipe!”
12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal
- 12 oval cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 tube white decorating gel
- 1 can (16 ounces) chocolate frosting
- Halloween sprinkles
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir
- over medium-low heat until melted and blended. Remove from the heat;
- stir in cereal. Press into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cool. Cut
- into 12 squares and set aside.
- Cut a 1/2-in. piece from the bottom of each sandwich cookie. Crush
- removed cookie pieces; set aside. Write "RIP" on each cookie, using
- white decorating gel.
- Position cereal squares on a large serving tray. With 2 tablespoons
- frosting, form a circle on each cereal square; top each with a
- decorated cookie. Sprinkle reserved crumbs around tombstones; add
- Halloween sprinkles. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 404 calories, 17 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.