- to dry ingredients; beat just until moistened. Add the eggs, grated
- peels and extract; beat until smooth. Stir in the almond, fruit
- mixture and enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about
- 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the
- top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide in half. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each half into a 12-in. x 8-in.
- oval. Fold one of the long sides over to within 1 in. of the
- opposite side; press edges lightly to seal. Place on greased baking
- sheets. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on
- wire racks. Dust with confectioners' sugar or combine glaze
- ingredients and drizzle over loaves. Yield: 2 loaves (14 slices
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 214 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.