- Give dough a quarter turn and repeat rolling, sugaring and folding
- two more times. Roll into a 12-in. x 8-in. rectangle. Cut into
- twelve 1-in.-wide strips; twist. Place on chilled baking sheets.
- Repeat with remaining sugar and dough.
- Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- For icing, combine confectioners' sugar and cream. Dip twists into
- icing or drizzle icing over twists. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 twist equals 292 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 125 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.