German Plum Tart
The buttery crust of this fruit-filled treat melts in your mouth. You can substitute sliced apples or peaches for the plums with great results. I've used this crust with blueberries, too.
-Helga Schlape, Florham Park, New Jersey
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 3/4 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds plums, quartered (about 4 cups)
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 3 tablespoons sugar until light and
- fluffy. Beat in egg yolk. Gradually add flour, 1/4 cup at a time,
- until mixture forms a soft dough. Press onto the bottom and up the
- sides of a 10-in. pie plate.
- Arrange plums, skin side up with edges overlapping, in crust;
- sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 350° for 35-45 minutes or
- until crust is golden brown and fruit is tender. Yield: 6-8
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 237 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 117 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.