- add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the
- center of each ball. Bake at 350° for 6-8 minutes or until firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, for filling, in a small bowl, combine the coconut, pecans
- and vanilla. Stir in enough milk to form a stiff mixture. Fill
- cookies with filling, a rounded teaspoonful in each. Melt chips with
- shortening; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Store in an
- airtight container. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 cookie equals 97 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.