- bubbly. Reduce heat; cook and stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the
- heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all
- to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and
- stir 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Gently stir in
- chocolate mixture. Pour filling into pie crust.
- In a small saucepan, combine the evaporated milk, sugar and butter.
- Cook and stir until butter is melted and mixture just comes to a
- boil. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into
- egg; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle
- boil; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour over filling.
- Cool on a wire rack. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 549 calories, 34 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 265 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.