- prepared pans. Bake at 350° for 23-28 minutes or until a
- toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10
- minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small heavy saucepan, heat the sugar, milk, butter and egg yolks
- over medium-low heat until mixture is thickened and golden brown,
- stirring constantly. Remove from the heat. Stir in the coconut,
- pecans and vanilla. Cool until thick enough to spread.
- To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with a
- third of the filling. Repeat layers twice. Beat chilled cream
- mixture until soft peaks form. Spread over sides of cake. Drizzle
- fudge topping over cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice equals 761 calories, 51 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 165 mg cholesterol, 554 mg sodium, 72 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.