German Chocolate Fondue
German sweet chocolate gives rich flavor to this simple specialty from Helen Phillips. Just a handful of ingredients and a microwave make the sweet fondue a fast favorite at her Horseheads, New York home. "We like it with dippers such as bananas, strawberries and marshmallows," she writes.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 8 ounces German sweet chocolate, chopped
- Shortbread cookies and/or assorted fruit
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine corn syrup and cream. Cover and
- microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until mixture just comes
- to a boil, stirring twice. Stir in chocolate until melted. Transfer
- to a fondue pot and keep warm. Serve with cookies and/or fruit.
- Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 97 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein.