George's Barbecued Chicken
The homemade barbecue sauce is what makes this chicken dish unique. Your family will be licking their fingers and asking for more!
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
- 2/3 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3-1/2 to 4 pounds), cut up
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in 1 tablespoon oil until tender.
- Add the ketchup, vinegar, lemon juice, pepper sauce and
- Worcestershire sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, brown chicken on all sides in remaining oil over
- medium-high heat. Drain chicken and transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Pour sauce over chicken. Bake, uncovered, at 350°
- for 45-60 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 4-1/2 ounces cooked chicken equals 503 calories, 29 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 102 mg cholesterol, 1,348 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as