Gelatin Fruit Salad
"This gorgeous salad is so refreshing and bursting with flavor that you won't think of it as sugar-free," says Eleanor Mielke of Snohomish, Washington. "A diabetic friend shared the recipe."
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 package (.6 ounces) sugar-free cherry gelatin
- 1 can (12 ounces) or 1-1/2 cups diet ginger ale
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- Apple slices and fresh mint, optional
- In a saucepan, bring the applesauce to a boil; remove from the heat.
- Stir in gelatin until dissolved. Slowly add ginger ale and pineapple.
- Pour into a 2-qt. serving bowl. Chill until set. Garnish with apples
- and mint if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: One serving equals 30 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 53 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.