Gelatin Banana Split
"Here is a dessert that my younger guests have as much fun assembling as eating," writes Dixie Terry of Goreville, Illinois. "And since it has a lot less fat than most festive fare, it also makes a healthy snack."
6 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup cold water
- 6 medium firm bananas
- Whipped cream in a can
- Chopped nuts, optional
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold
- water. Pour into a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Refrigerate for 2 hours or
- until firm. Cut gelatin into 1/2-in. cubes. Just before serving,
- split bananas in half lengthwise. Place two pieces in each serving
- dish. Top with gelatin cubes, whipped cream and nuts if desired.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 245 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.