This warm and zippy side dish features fresh kale and sweet raisins. “It tastes wonderful served hot or cold,” comments Clara Coulston from Washington Court House, Ohio.
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 2 bunches kale, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 3 cups water
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Stir in kale. Cover and
- cook for 6-8 minutes or until almost tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in
- oil for 1 minute. Stir in the raisins, olives, salt and pepper
- flakes; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in kale; cook for 3-4 minutes or
- until tender. Yield: 6 servings.